Summer Camp Instructor
back to Job Opportunities
The Education Department is looking for enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about wildlife and conservation to become part of our summer camp team. This position is a full-time, seasonal position. Applicants must be able to work the full 10 week summer camp period (June 9 – August 15) plus a 4 week training period prior to the start of summer camp (in evenings and on weekends)
- Must have or be in pursuit of a 4-year degree in education, child psychology, or a related field of biology (exceptions for certain applicants may be granted if the hiring parties are in agreement).
- Must be able to tolerate working in an outdoor environment.
- Must have detailed knowledge on animals at Miami Seaquarium (will be provided during training).
- Must have good public-speaking skills.
- Should enjoy working around animals and children
- Must hold or obtain certifications in First Aid & child/adult CPR (can be obtained through the Seaquarium if not already certified).
- Previous experience working with children, animals, or in a summer camp setting is a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish is desired, but not required.
$8.50/HrHow to Apply
E-mail cover letter, resume, and application to email@example.com or fax cover letter, resume, and application to 305-365-2500.
For more information call: 305-361-5705 Ext. 207, 298, or 526.Individuals meeting the requirements for these openings will be contacted directly for an interview. Positions will remain open until filled
Miami Seaquarium is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace.